Friday, June 6, 2008

Roles and classes

The day is finally here -- it's official release day! And I'm without my Monster Manual. *:^( Karma for gloating that I had the other books early, I suppose - I'm told it shipped this afternoon, so I'll probably see it Tuesday.


While flipping through the class chapter again, to read the powers, I noticed that each of the class blocks had, right at the start, the role and the power source, and that you could possibly refer to a class by that combination; a cleric is a divine leader. This got me wondering about which combinations are currently presented:









































Role \ Power source

Arcane

Divine

Martial


Controller

Wizard






Defender



Paladin

Fighter


Leader



Cleric

Warlord


Striker

Warlock



Ranger, Rogue

So, we've already doubled up on one, which shoots my theory out the window. But what might be planned for those empty spots? A martial controller could be someone who mesmerizes with fancy moves? What would a divine striker be - a terrorist?

And of course, we have other power sources coming - psionics, elemental, ki, etc., which open up even more possibilities. Possibilities that could be filled by PRESTIGE CLASSES...

No comments: